Monday, April 13, 2009

April 12, 3009

I am new to the world of blogging, but thought it would be fun. Today, I have learned that through my children there are a range of emotions and life lessons. Some of those emotions make us laugh out loud and some of them make us cry so hard we never think we will stop. As a mother of 4 (Chase - 12, Tate - 9, Logan - 5, and Lilly - 5), my emotions tend to be that of a roller coaster...never knowing which direction they will turn. When you think that you are on the last curve, the ride heads into a double flip. The choice is do you shut your eyes or do you leave them wide open? Do you hold on tight or hold your hands up in the air and scream, "BRING IT ON!" My kids have taught me that there are no definite answers to those questions. However, as a someone known for wanting to take the "safe" way out at times and shut my eyes and hold on tight I have realized that that may not be the best example for my kids all the time. I want them to explore and take risks. I don't want them to always be scared of "what might happen." Because of them, I am learning (slowly and with baby steps) to let them do things and be adventurous (even if I am trembling inside) and to make choices (even if those choices cause them to fail). Who knew that I would be learning from my kids, what I thought I was supposed to teach them?!

People have always said that it goes so fast and that before you know it they will be off to college. Wow! They were so right! I am grateful for seeing that life takes you on a journey that teaches you incredible lessons every day. I am thankful to realize that sometimes the lessons that we learn from are children bring us closer together as a family and that we truly benefit from each and every lesson.

I am truly proud to be the mother of 4 amazing, caring, and loving children.

No comments:

Post a Comment